In 2021 the Cowichan Rugby Club formed a Long Term Planning Committee (LTPC). The goal is to formalize a plan for the club grounds infrastructure and implement the upgrades with the approval from the Board of Executives. In its inaugural year, 7 members began collecting records and documents pertaining to the club grounds as well as all relevant information pertaining to the rules and regulations in terms of our legal obligations. The LTPC’s next steps are to determine a path forward for the necessary upgrades required to maintain a clean, safe, and progressive facility while keeping in line with restrictions that come with an ALR designation. Everything must be done methodically moving forward to ensure the future of the club for generations to come!
All funds accrued are set aside in a designated capital expenditures account to be used solely towards infrastructure updates. It does not go into our general revenue to pay operation costs or any other consumable the club may need.
- Online filing system of all club documents.
- Bathroom and shower improvements.
- New field lights and updated the current parking lot light.
Every donor to The Legacy Fund will receive a gift and a shout out on our Social Media channels, website, and Piggie Post in our appreciation of your contribution. There is an option when signing up to remain anonymous if preferred.
- GOLD: $50 monthly or $600 yearly, receive a Cowichan RFC crested rugby ball.
- SILVER: $25 monthly or $300 yearly, receive a Cowichan RFC crewneck sweater.
- BRONZE: $10 monthly or $120 yearly, receive a Cowichan RFC t-shirt.
- ONE-TIME: Donate whatever amount you wish. Donations over $20 will receive an exclusive Cowichan RFC gift.
As The Legacy Fund grows, so will the strength of Cowichan RFC! Unfortunately we are unable to issue tax receipts at this time.
Current ‘Pig Pen’ Supporters with a Recurring Donation Pledge:
Paul Mycroft Ian Murray Gary Dukelow Bricklen Anderson Wayne Loutet J & A Hamstra Susan Coulter Jerry Anderson Anthony Thorburn Vince Avery Audrey Jones Sherry Spence Patrick Kyle Salty’s Fish & Chips Susan Spence Sean Williams The Gudmundseth’s Lion Rampant Pub Maple Bay Convenience Store Jason Finlayson Howard Dixon Athlete Health First Chris Hopps