Officially founded in 2005, the junior program at Cowichan RFC has developed into one of the leading junior clubs in British Columbia. Fielding boys and girls teams, the juniors have seen great success playing in and winning BC Championships. Former notable junior piggies have gone on to play professional rugby and represent at the international level.
Monday Night Minis
Register now for Intro to Rugby starting on Monday May 30th and running for 4 weeks from 6pm-7pm. $50 per registration.
Please CLICK HERE for the registration form.
Registration is Open
Registration is NOW OPEN for our 2021-22 season! We are in need of a few more coaches and team managers for the season, please consider joining our awesome team of volunteers.
2021-22 registration fees:
- Minis (Co-Ed U5-U11) – $100
Cowichan Valley Junior Rugby Development Society 2021-22 Season Outline
Contact the Mini Coordinator, Peter Kis-Toth via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- U11 Co-Ed (born 2011-2012): Steve Hale & Shaye Anderson
- U9 Co-Ed (born 2013-2014): Jordan Gilraine & Lenny Vinoly
- U7 Co-Ed (born 2015-2016): Christina
- U5 Co-Ed (born 2015 or below): Kristy Martin Hale
Sundays from September 12th to November TBD/February 2022 TBD to April 30th
- U11 Co-Ed: 10 am – 11:30 am (90 min)
- U9 Co-Ed: 10 am – 11 am (60 min)
- U7 Co-Ed: 10 am – 11 am (60 min)
- U5 Co-Ed: 10 am – 10:45 am (45 min)
What you need to play:
- Moulded mouthguard
- Cleats (soccer-style)
- Sporty clothing – t-shirt, shorts, sports socks. As the weather changes, come with layers so you can add when cool, take off when warmed up!
Coach, Player and Parent Educational Material:
Beginners Guide to Rugby Union (opens to World Rugby)
Child Sport Funding Assistance:
Below are some links to organizations that assist in funding children in organized sports programs. Submissions to these organizations will need to be made at the very beginning of the season.
KidsSport – www.kidsportcanada.ca
Athletics for Kids – www.A4K.ca