Officially founded in 2005, the junior program at Cowichan RFC has developed into one of the leading junior clubs in British Columbia. Fielding boys and girls teams, the juniors have seen great success playing in and winning BC Championships. Former notable junior piggies have gone on to play professional rugby and represent at the international level.
Registration Now Open for the 2022/23 Season!
Please note some changes to the ages and prices for the upcoming season:
U6 (born 2017/18/19) Flag rugby co-ed – $100
U8 (born 2015/16) Flag rugby co-ed $100
U10 (born 2013/14) Flag rugby co-ed $100
REGISTER HERE »Please select – Province BC – Cowichan Youth – then your age grade
Cowichan Valley Junior Rugby Development Society 2022-23 Season Outline
Contact the Mini Coordinator, Peter Kis-Toth via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- U10 Co-Ed (born 2013-2014): Jordan Gilraine & Lenny Vinoly
- U8 Co-Ed (born 2015-2016): Christina
- U6 Co-Ed (born 2015 or below): Kristy Martin Hale
Sundays from September 11th to November TBD/February 2023 TBD to April 30th
- U10 Co-Ed: 10 am – 11 am (60 min)
- U8 Co-Ed: 10 am – 11 am (60 min)
- U6 Co-Ed: 10 am – 10:45 am (45 min)
What you need to play:
- Moulded mouthguard
- Cleats (soccer-style)
- Sporty clothing – t-shirt, shorts, sports socks. As the weather changes, come with layers so you can add when cool, take off when warmed up!
Coach, Player and Parent Educational Material:
Beginners Guide to Rugby Union (opens to World Rugby)
Child Sport Funding Assistance:
Below are some links to organizations that assist in funding children in organized sports programs. Submissions to these organizations will need to be made at the very beginning of the season.
KidsSport – www.kidsportcanada.ca
Athletics for Kids – www.A4K.ca